Q. How do I calculate proper wall and vent area?
- Consider reorienting your room so that the long wall is an exterior wall.
- Relocate the room to an outside corner so that two exterior walls are available.
- Locate the room as an extension off an exterior wall to allow for three exterior walls.
- Consider venting through the roof as well as the wall(s).
- As room surface area plays a key role in the vent area calculation, consider reducing room size or height.
- Similarly, within the vent area formula, if the strength of the pressure resistant structure is increased the required vent area is reduced.
The latest Explovent News and Reports
There’s an Explovent for every condition.
Aluminum Panel ERP-IC FM approved and labeled. Designed in accordance with NFPA 68 standards and all fire codes. Insulated and well sealed to provide a draft free environment.
Translucent Polycarbonate Panel ERP-PC Designed in accordance with NFPA 68 standards and all building and fire codes. Translucent panels reduce need for artificial lighting.
Explosion Relief Louver ERL Provides explosion or pressure venting with the ability to handle every day exhaust and intake ventilation requirements.
Insulated Aluminum Panel XRV-IC XRV-IC roof explosion vents are for buildings where the exterior wall area is insufficient, or where exterior walls are obstructed, preventing wall vents.
Sign up for important updates on codes and Explovent products.